Analysing Yield Curves
Members click play to start the course
The module presents an overview of how to analyse and interpret yield curves.
The target audience is anyone involved in fixed income market.
Download the Analysing Yield Curves Outline here
By the end of the module the participant will be able to:
- State the main theories as to how yield curves are formed
- Explain the different ways in which yield curves actually move
- Differentiate between a par, spot and forward curve and outline some of their applications
- Theories of the yield curve
- Different ways in which the yield curve can move
- Par, spot and forward curve derivation
o Market segmentation
o Liquidity preference
o Preferred habitat
o Expectations hypothesis
o Bull and bear steepening
o Bull and bear flattening
Neil Schofield is the principal trainer for FMT Ltd. He was previously global head of financial market training at Barclays Capital. He teaches primarily on the rates business, covering all of the major asset classes and their respective derivative products from foreign exchange through to commodities. He is author of two books, Commodity Derivatives: Markets and Applications” and “Trading the Fixed Income, Inflation and Credit Markets”.
35 minutes 37 seconds
A basic understanding of fixed income concepts would be useful